This is an opportunity to be a part of an exciting programme that directly engages and makes a difference to over 47,000 students from more than 450 schools in around 105 communities each year!
Based out of Auckland, you will deliver science based shows and exhibits to school aged audiences as part of the Science Roadshow all over New Zealand. You will be part of a small team involved in the day to day delivery, maintenance and administration of this valued science programme to schools.
- Delivery of verbal presentations (with the aid of props) to groups of students ranging in size from 30 to 200 at a time. Age wise the students can be from school Year 1 to Year 10 — most being Year 5-8
- training student assistants
- preparing shows
- exhibit maintenance
- Loading and unloading of exhibits from our 12 meter semi-trailer
- administrative duties such as processing student numbers attending, invoicing and booking accommodation.
- excellent oral presentation and communication skills
- an ability to work under pressure
- a high level of initiative and a ‘can do’ attitude
- full class 1 drivers licence and competent at operating a manual transmission.
- good level of fitness as you will be on your feet and moving heavy equipment at least 2-3 times weekly.
Other useful skills may include:
- Te Reo Maori
- science communication experience
- trades experience/qualification(s)
- experience in teaching or theatre
- class 5 drivers licence
- a tertiary science qualification
Where will you work?
a) National Operations (outside of Auckland):
- All meals, accommodation (shared house or motel unit) and travel will be paid for by the Roadshow.
- You will be responsible for getting yourself to and from Auckland Airport at either end of your duty rotations.
- You will be rostered 4 weeks on, 1 week off (paid lieu) or equivalent. Time away ("on") includes weekends, but there is normally no weekend work.
b) Auckland Operations:
- From Mid-December to February, you will live at home and travel to our base of operation in South Auckland. Work at this time will normally involve programme preparation.
- Annual leave is normally taken during December/January each year.
- Auckland programme delivery is approximately for 10 weeks each year.
- While operating in Auckland (for programme preparation and delivery), lieu and other "outside of Auckland" provisions will not apply. You will live at home and travel to programme venues as required throughout Auckland.
- The Trust will provide a vehicle for travel to work locations from your home and some personal use or an agreed mileage rate for use of personal vehicle.
$44k-$48k pa + car,meals,accommodation,travel.
A police check is mandatory, as is holding a Class 1 (car) full manual licence.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Commencement Date: 17 May (negotiable)
Applications close: 22 April 2021. There is no application form for this position —email your covering letter and CV to email@example.com